Monday, February 28, 2011

What? There's no Airaves?

One thing I will say time and time again, is that unless you need to talk to the Port-In department, which seems to be for some reason stupidly understaffed, I love Sprint support's short hold times, because I have to call them often.

Luckily, I did not give up on the Airave, and the next day, I called again explaining my Airave dilemma. This time, the rep agreed, and even apologized for the stupidity of the first rep. She said I can gladly get an Airave for free (no $100 purchase cost). She said I do not have to pay the $5 a month fee to use it either. (a.k.a. bullshit fee because we still have to route your call).

There was only one dilemma. She said there are no fucking Airaves in stock anywhere and they won't be available till sometime in 2011. (This takes place in October 2010).

To this, I say WTF?

You ADVERTISE them on your site. The store reps didn't mention not having any. Seriously. I said can I find one myself and use it? And she said yes. I called 10 Sprint stores in my area and no one had them. I saw one on eBay but it was $400. I was at a loss.

For the next 3 weeks I kept calling Sprint every few days asking if they had any Airaves.

On my 5th call, a high-tier superviser kindly finally told me that they ran out of Airaves and that the new Airave 3G's were recalled and not going to be available until March 2011.

I think around this time my 30 days return policy expired.

No comments:

Post a Comment