Wednesday, March 2, 2011

iPad 2 Announced

Let me just say right off the bat. I think I'm pretty certain I'm gonna go and pick up one of these bad boys.

Look yeah I dumped the iPhone... I dumped it because of the UI. I dumped it because I wanted widgets and I wanted to be able to see more information at once, without having to go into each app.  I dumped it for the better notifications and the less obtrusive, more powerful design of the UI.

HOWEVER: While I was itching to pick up an Android tablet (of some sort) I quickly realized that all I would be getting is just a bigger screen version of my phone! There is no new content specifically designed for Galaxy Tab or even Xoom. The only optimized apps are New York Times and Financial Times.

Other than that, it's rough out there.

There is one thing the iPad brings that an Android tablet doesn't. New content.

Until that changes, Honeycomb has no chance.

1 comment: